Mighty Good initially started as a concept to raise the profile of certified organic and Fairtrade cotton and to take this product , and its environmental and social benefits, to a mainstream market.
Our mission is to create change in the fashion industry by proving that organic and Fairtrade production methods are scalable, profitable and in demand by a wide range of consumers – and the good news is, consumers are demanding it!
When you make the decision to purchase of a Mighty Good product your impact trickles through in so many ways, here’s how Mighty Good are impacting socially and environmentally:
- Mighty Good carries the certification symbols of Fair-trade Labeling Organisation (FLO) and the Global Organic Textiles System (GOTS), together considered the ‘Gold Standard’ of ethical production
- We source our cotton from Chetna Organics a collective farmer organization whose aim is to promote organic farming and Fairtrade cotton and improve the livelihood of cotton farmers through investments in community projects, food security, health, education and business infrastructure.
- Our manufacturer, Rajlakshmi Cotton Mills, is the leader in ethical textile production in India, paying a living wage and other benefits, such as subsidized canteens, housing, free transportation, and medical care to its work force.
- Compared to purchasing conventional cotton, your pair of certified organic and Fairtrade cotton has:
- 46% less CO2 emissions
- 65% less water from irrigated sources
- 70% reduction in pollution that creates acid rain and soil acidification
- 61% less energy use
- We also match up each pair of underwear with an internationally certified carbon emissions offset, South Pole Carbon. in essence, this means that for each pair sold we have contributed some money towards another project that reduces greenhouse gas emissions on our behalf.
- We support The Hope Foundation which provides protection, education, health services and economic training opportunities to women and children living in the slums and streets of Kolkata — one of the poorest cities in India — the place where we make our undies
Join the fashion revolution movement and support Mighty Good in its efforts to create a more sustainable and ethical fashion industry.
Join us on social: